SRO - Based in Almonte
Based in Almonte
Local big band Standing Room Only (aka SRO) launched the popular Almonte tea dances in 2006. They give band members a regular opportunity to perform the music they love to play in a period atmosphere, while allowing guests a chance to listen and dance to live big band music. Over the years, SRO’s Sunday afternoon Almonte tea dances have become widely known, attracting ballroom and swing dancers from as far away as Brockville and Deep River, as well as from the Ottawa area. The music naturally includes a lot of swing music, but also enough waltzes and Latin music such as cha-chas and tangos to keep the ballroom dancers happy.
All Hosted Events
SRO Tea Dance
Sun, 30 Apr 2023 - Sun, 30 Apr
Time: 1:00PM - 4:00pm
Cost: $16 ea/$30 couple
Featuring vocalist Saffron Bradbury and big band Standing Room Only. Come out to the Almonte Old Town Hall to enjoy live music and dancing! Period dress (1920s-'40s) encouraged but not necessary. Please bring cash for entry ($16 ea/$30 couple).
Event Contact Details
14 Bridge Street
Mar 5 - Dec 17 Eric Uren & Meghan Balogh
Mar 7 - 31 Mississippi Station
Mar 23 Piano Bar w/Benni Vander
Mar 23 MMLT Howard Clifford & AGM
Mar 24 BOTR: David Gogo
Mar 25 Mississippi Station
Mar 25 Folkus: Vicki Brittle / Brock Zeman
Mar 30 Mattie Leon
Mar 31 Gerald McGrath
Apr 1 Kobo Town Dinner & Show
- Vaz Zastera — Glass Art by The Wonderful Wizard of Vaz
- The 39 Steps It’s a Comedy… It’s a Thriller… It’s Super Theatre!
- River Life — Botanical Reflections An Exhibit by Linda Hamilton
- Examining the First Rough Drafts of History
- Union Hall’s Famous Pancake Breakfast
- Imagining aSafer Community Women’s Conference Coming to Almonte
- Digging Deep in the Story Mines Folkus presents The Gravel Project with Vicki Brittle & Brock Zeman
- Celebrate at Fulton’s!
- Backyard Beauties for MMLT
- Kate Weekes and Christine Graves Double Album Release Concert at Maberly Hall