Lanark County Quilters Guild - Perth
PO Box 20101 Perth K7H 3M6
The Lanark County Quilters Guild is an organization of individuals with an affinity for quilting, as well as friendly and social aspects. The group consists of beginners, experts, quilt enthusiasts, women, men, young and in our senior years. Members have very diverse interests within the world of quilting from traditional to contemporary, including thread painting, redwork embroidery, wearable art creations, miniatures, and original art quilts to name a few. Throughout the year the Programme committee issues challenges that stretch our imagination and skill levels even more. The Guild also participates in Outreach projects such as baby quilts for CHEO, victims of devastation from floods and hurricanes. Theirr annual charity quilt is donated to an organization within the county to be used to raise funds for their projects. The guild also participated in the “Relay for Life” marathon and the 30 Hour Quilt Marathon.
New to the area? The Guild is a great way to meet new people with similar interests. Not sure you want to commit? Try them out; guests are always welcome. There is an annual fee, and guests pay just $5 to attend a meeting.
All Hosted Events
Lanark County Quilters' Guild Mtg
Tue, 28 Mar 2023 - Tue, 28 Mar
Time: 7:00PM - 9:00pm
Cost: Guests: $5
Speaker: Shibaguz - Topic: Shashiko. Held the 4th Tues of the month, Sep-Jun (no meeting in Dec), meetings generally include: a guest speaker/trunk show, shop of the month, & members' show & tell. Annual membership $30, guests $5/meeting. Meetings can be in person (Lions Hall) but are currently online (Zoom), so make sure you check in future which it is!
Lanark County Quilters Guild
, contact for link
Mar 5 - Dec 17 Eric Uren & Meghan Balogh
Mar 7 - 31 Mississippi Station
Mar 23 Piano Bar w/Benni Vander
Mar 23 MMLT Howard Clifford & AGM
Mar 24 BOTR: David Gogo
Mar 25 Mississippi Station
Mar 25 Folkus: Vicki Brittle / Brock Zeman
Mar 30 Mattie Leon
Mar 31 Gerald McGrath
Apr 1 Kobo Town Dinner & Show
- Vaz Zastera — Glass Art by The Wonderful Wizard of Vaz
- The 39 Steps It’s a Comedy… It’s a Thriller… It’s Super Theatre!
- River Life — Botanical Reflections An Exhibit by Linda Hamilton
- Examining the First Rough Drafts of History
- Union Hall’s Famous Pancake Breakfast
- Imagining aSafer Community Women’s Conference Coming to Almonte
- Digging Deep in the Story Mines Folkus presents The Gravel Project with Vicki Brittle & Brock Zeman
- Celebrate at Fulton’s!
- Backyard Beauties for MMLT
- Kate Weekes and Christine Graves Double Album Release Concert at Maberly Hall