Huntley Township Historical Society - Carp
PO Box 313 Carp K0A 1L0
The former Huntley Township was first amalgamated with Fitzroy and Torbolton Townships to form the Township of West Carleton. In 2001, the former Township of West Carleton was amalgamated into the City of Ottawa. This organization holds business meetings on the 1st Tuesday of the month, and events are generally held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month. The latter may involve a presentation by a guest speaker, a field trip or other activity. They also publish a monthly newsletter as well as a number of books and pamphlets on the history of the Township, most of which are still in print and available for purchase.
All Hosted Events
Huntley Township Historical Soc Talk
Tue, 18 May 2021 - Tue, 18 May
Speaker: Charlene Johnston -- The History of the Johnstone Family from Scotland (18th c.) to Northern Ireland and finally to Huntley Township in 1818, includeing emigration, religion, births, marriages, deaths, military service and culture. Everyone welcome. Email to register and receive link: Huntleyhistory@gmx.net
Huntley Township Historical Society
, contact for link
May 12 - Jun 18 Exhibition: Close to Home
- Jennifer Anne Kelly — The Glass is Way More than Half-Full
- Tickets PleaseKeeps on Humming!
- Local Libraries are Flourishing!
- Farmers’ Markets: Open for the Season! Almonte Carleton Place Carp
- “Grow a Row” for Food Banks this Year
- MVTM Wants to Exhibit Your Textile Crafts!
- Close to Home
- Protecting Our Pollinators CNL Youth Group for Climate Action Devises an Inspiring Community Project
- Lockdown Scavenger Hunt:Food Foraging with Kids
- One Magic Summer The Academy for Musical Theatre’s Safe & Interactive Summer Camp Experience