Lanark County Therapeutic Riding Program - Carleton Place ON
30 Bennett Street Carleton Place ON K7C 4J9
This program offers specialized riding lessons to anyone ages 3 and up with physical and/or developmental disabilities, including anxiety, ADHD, arthritis, brain injury, learning disabilities and speech impairment.
Volunteers are always needed for weekly lessons to lead the horses or walk beside the riders to give them support and encouragement. No experience is required, and training sessions are held in the spring with lessons beginning in May in Perth, and Almonte. New eLearning course also offered for new volunteers.
Great exercise and great people!
- Jack Stekelenburg — “Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood?”
- Pop, Pivots & Pirouettes Folkus presents The Pairs & Tragedy Ann,In-Person and Virtually!
- ** CANCELLED ** The Snow Moon Festival
- Meet the Artist —Mireille Asselin, Soprano
- Bane of All Things — a Début Novel
- Carleton Place Library Reopens to the Public
- Almonte Lectures
- A New Year: Determined Action! Lanark County Creates Its Climate Action Plan
- Birdhouse Bonanza 2022
- Not In My Back Yard? An Ode to Community Gardens