Puppets Up! International Puppet Festival - Almonte ON
Kris Riendeau, Volunteer Coordinator
Almonte ON K0A 1A0
This two-day festival is unique on the international scene and takes over Almonte's Mill Street and the surrounding area every August. Ten shows on five stages, street vendors, family friendly activities and a parade on both days add up to make one exceptional weekend. Operated by volunteers, the festival has lots of fun jobs to choose from: ticket sellers, theatre hosts, parade marshals, stagehands, kids’ craft tent helpers, and more. Volunteers get festival T-shirts and festival passes.
The 2015 festival will take place August 7th - 9th. This year 12 troupes include Iceland's Worlds of Puppets with "Peter and the Wolf", Rhode Island's Big Nazo Lab's "Intergalactic Creature Band", and "Pigs in a Canoe" (in English and French) by WP Puppet Theatre from Calgary Alberta, plus nine others. Shows geared towards young and older kids take place in tents and theatres, while buskers and parades keep the street hopping. There’s also a kids’ craft tent, puppet marketplace, great food and lots more!
Mar 31 - May 7 Exhibition: Sarah Anderson
May 12 - Jun 18 Exhibition: Close to Home
- Jennifer Anne Kelly — The Glass is Way More than Half-Full
- Tickets PleaseKeeps on Humming!
- Local Libraries are Flourishing!
- Farmers’ Markets: Open for the Season! Almonte Carleton Place Carp
- “Grow a Row” for Food Banks this Year
- MVTM Wants to Exhibit Your Textile Crafts!
- Close to Home
- Protecting Our Pollinators CNL Youth Group for Climate Action Devises an Inspiring Community Project
- Lockdown Scavenger Hunt:Food Foraging with Kids
- One Magic Summer The Academy for Musical Theatre’s Safe & Interactive Summer Camp Experience