Mississippi Valley Textile Museum - Almonte ON
3 Rosamond St. E Almonte ON K0A 1A0
Located in the annex of the former Rosamond Woolen Company in Almonte, exhibitions range from early mill history and period mill equipment to cottage industry and eclectic modern fibre art exhibitions. The multi-purpose room (available for rental) features a large sink and can accommodate up to ten folding tables (provided), making it an ideal space for art and craft workshops and classes. It is equipped with a high-definition projector and drop-down screen for presentations, video and wifi access, as well as a podium, and it can seat up to 50 people. The MVTM is seeking volunteers to assist in historical research, to greet visitors and give tours, run educational programs, work on displays and exhibits, work with artifacts, help out at special events, and more!
All Hosted Events
Vernissage: In the Forest
Sat, 16 Jul 2022 - Sat, 17 Sep (each Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat)
Time: 1:00PM - 4:00pm
Jul 16-Sep 17, Tue-Sat, 1-4pm. The 22 concrete columns of the Norah Rosamond Hughes Gallery (part of the MVTM) made an impression and has integrally informed the work he has created for this gallery installation. He sees forests as mysterious, as they invite us into their depths to navigate mazes of trees, assorted foliage, and meandering – often disappearing – paths.
Mississippi Valley Textile Museum
May 22 - Sep 5 Head Over Heels
Jun 11 - Jul 9 Eric Uren on the Patio
Jul 4 Jason Kent
Jul 4 The Texas Horns
Jul 5 Without Willow
Jul 7 Joel Plaskett
Jul 7 Jay Smith
Jul 7 The Tempest
Jul 8 Sean Pinchin
Jul 9 Book Signing: Rod Carley
- Dave Card — He Lives Up to his Name
- Explore Perth During Stewart Park Festival Weekend
- Hummingbird Celebrates 10 Years!
- OUTERBRIDGE — Clockwork Mysteries Canada’s Grand Masters of IllusionReturn to the Station Theatre in Smiths Falls
- There is Bad Bloodin Dry Stone…
- Midsummer Herbfestis Back in White Lake!
- Bloomfest Garden Art Show and Sale
- A Company of Fools PresentsThe Tempest
- History Comes Alive in Middleville
- Spotlight on the Mississippi Mudds