Ottawa Home-Based Learning Network - Ottawa-Gatineau Region ON
Ottawa-Gatineau Region ON
HBLN is a community-based, volunteer-run, informal association of families in the Ottawa-Gatineau region who are interested in alternatives to the school system. All HBLN activities are initiated and organized by our members.
Some activities that have been offered to HBLN families over the years include science workshops, group visits to local museums, swimming lessons, used book sales, gymnastics lessons, music activities, history events, book clubs, craft groups, picnics, field trips, sports days at the YMCA, pot luck suppers, creative writing and drama classes, teen-oriented social events, and large homeschooling conferences. Throughout the year there are informal chat nights where parents can socialize with other HBLN families while sharing ideas, resources and concerns.
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 28, 2020 Support Almonte Merchants, Get Out and Run, and Stay Healthy with Modern Thymes
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 27, 2020 Art Kits for continued creativity, and original art in exchange for ordering books!
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 26, 2020 Good food for dinner, the history of Fortune Farms, and Mississippi Mudds-wear.
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 25, 2020 Bubbles & Bites, YouTube Yoga, and band banter with Blackie & the Rodeo Kings.
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 23, 2020 Online yoga, delivering groceries to seniors, and a virtual April Humm!
- In Memoriam
- The Magical Imagination of Mária Moldován
- Maple Marches into the Valley!
- The Ten Collective Third Annual Exhibit of Paintings
- Youth Homelessness in Lanark County