High Lonesome Nature Reserve - Pakenham ON
867 Carbine Road Pakenham ON K0A 2X0
High Lonesome, a 200-acre property located in the Pakenham Hills, was donated to the MMLT by the family of the late Barry Spicer in April 2012. A network of trails through the forests, over the hills and streams, by the ponds and through the meadows has been developed and cared for by the donor’s brother Ken Spicer. Ken has documented many of the natural riches found there, shared them with the MMLT and encouraged the Land Trust to complete the work he began. MMLT has committed to conserve High Lonesome as a nature reserve in perpetuity.
Trails are open to the public; organized groups must complete an application form with the MMLT.
Go Wild Gala Supports Local Land Trust October 2019
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 28, 2020 Support Almonte Merchants, Get Out and Run, and Stay Healthy with Modern Thymes
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 27, 2020 Art Kits for continued creativity, and original art in exchange for ordering books!
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 26, 2020 Good food for dinner, the history of Fortune Farms, and Mississippi Mudds-wear.
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 25, 2020 Bubbles & Bites, YouTube Yoga, and band banter with Blackie & the Rodeo Kings.
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 23, 2020 Online yoga, delivering groceries to seniors, and a virtual April Humm!
- In Memoriam
- The Magical Imagination of Mária Moldován
- Maple Marches into the Valley!
- The Ten Collective Third Annual Exhibit of Paintings
- Youth Homelessness in Lanark County