Vine Rhymes - Songwriters, Poets & Storytellers - Smiths Falls ON
Literature - Book Clubs & Informal Groups
Listing Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helen Latimer-Hanah, Founder 613-284-2243
Smiths Falls ON
In 2005, Vine Rhymes — Smiths Falls & Area Songwriters, Poet, and Storytellers — held their first meeting at the home of group founder, Helen Latimer-Hanah. Helen had mentioned to local singer/songwriter Beth Bernhardt of her intention to start a writer’s group with the mandate to give “inspiration and encouragement” of like mind, Beth immediately offered her support, and Vine Rhymes was launched.
To their delight, four people showed up to that first meeting, making an even half dozen counting themselves. Since then, Vine Rhymes has received approximately 100 inquiries and, while a number of writers have come and gone, a core group of 10–12 has evolved.
A regular meeting might touch on a wide variety of topics, from networking to a bit of theory or mini-writing sessions. Three topics are given each month, to help provide inspiration and possibly dislodge a stubborn writer’s block. The atmosphere remains relaxed and non-intimidating, yet with sufficient structure to keep the group moving forward. At meetings, you’ll hear a delightful array of original compositions as well as a few cover tunes. Storytelling was added to the mix a couple of years ago, so you are quite apt to hear a tall, or not so tall, tale or two as well. Food Bank items are accepted and there is no cover charge.
Jun 28 - Oct 11 Head Over Heels on the patio
Jun 29 - Aug 31 Weavers Unlimited Exhibit & Sale
Jul 1 - Oct 8 Rack 'N Tunes w/Shawn McCullough on the patio
Michael Pittman's "Hard, hard times"
Aug 13 - 20 Spencer Evans solo
Aug 14 Lonesome Ace Stringband
Aug 17 Spencer Scharf
Aug 18 - 23 Eric Uren
Aug 21 Jay Smith
- Colleen Gray — Indigenous Artist, Strong Woman, Good Human
- Scotland in the Yard Richard Gill’s 2020 Show,with Guest Artist Jack Stekelenburg
- MMLT Festival of the Wild Child Special Scavenger Hunt Edition for 2020!
- A COVID-19 Parents’ Guide to Wellness OR How to Keep your Sanity until “Back to School”… Whenever that Is
- Empty Bowls are Back!
- Lanark County Letters An Interview with Sarah Reside
- Ally Is a Verb
- AGH Run/Walk for Women’s Health — Virtual Version
- Seamus Cowan and The Cove Inn:Saving the Live Music Scene
- Bouffage A Beautiful Box of Fabulous Food