Rideau Canal Visitors Centre - Smiths Falls ON
Museums - Community Museums
34 Beckwith St. South Smiths Falls ON K7A 2A8
The Rideau Canal Visitor Centre is the flagship interpretation centre for the historic Rideau Canal system - a National Historic Site of Canada, a designated Canadian Heritage River, and a UNESCO World Heritage destination. Inside, exhibits bring to life the history of the canal – its construction from 1826-1831, its role throughout history, as well as the distinct lifestyle associated with the Rideau Waterway.
Housed in a 19th century stone mill, the Visitor Information Centre features four-floors of exhibits and a 15 minute video presentation.
Near the Visitor Information Centre is an impressive modern hydraulic system at the Smiths Falls Combined Locks as well as the original 3-lift manual system built by Lt. Colonel By in 1829.
Feb 21 Bill Durst Band
- In memoriam – Dr. Bill Buttle
- Charles Spratt A Four-Decade Love Affair
- Thaw Out at Frozen Jr. in Carleton Place!
- Hard Hitting Blues at Blues on the Rideau
- The Girl, the Ash, the Plantation… and Wilding
- Almonte’s Seedy Saturday
- PDHS PresentsA Preview of Spring
- Come toMardi Gras (Without Travelling Too Far!)
- Choral Evensong in Perth
- Music of Life River Resonance Chamber Choir