Rideau Canal Visitors Centre - Smiths Falls ON
34 Beckwith St. South Smiths Falls ON K7A 2A8
The Rideau Canal Visitor Centre is the flagship interpretation centre for the historic Rideau Canal system - a National Historic Site of Canada, a designated Canadian Heritage River, and a UNESCO World Heritage destination. Inside, exhibits bring to life the history of the canal – its construction from 1826-1831, its role throughout history, as well as the distinct lifestyle associated with the Rideau Waterway.
Housed in a 19th century stone mill, the Visitor Information Centre features four-floors of exhibits and a 15 minute video presentation.
Near the Visitor Information Centre is an impressive modern hydraulic system at the Smiths Falls Combined Locks as well as the original 3-lift manual system built by Lt. Colonel By in 1829.
Jun 28 - Oct 11 Head Over Heels on the patio
Jun 29 - Aug 31 Weavers Unlimited Exhibit & Sale
Jul 1 - Oct 8 Rack 'N Tunes w/Shawn McCullough on the patio
Michael Pittman's "Hard, hard times"
Aug 11 Nolan Hubbard
Aug 13 - 20 Spencer Evans solo
Aug 14 Lonesome Ace Stringband
Aug 17 Spencer Scharf
Aug 18 - 23 Eric Uren
- Colleen Gray — Indigenous Artist, Strong Woman, Good Human
- Scotland in the Yard Richard Gill’s 2020 Show,with Guest Artist Jack Stekelenburg
- MMLT Festival of the Wild Child Special Scavenger Hunt Edition for 2020!
- A COVID-19 Parents’ Guide to Wellness OR How to Keep your Sanity until “Back to School”… Whenever that Is
- Empty Bowls are Back!
- Lanark County Letters An Interview with Sarah Reside
- Ally Is a Verb
- AGH Run/Walk for Women’s Health — Virtual Version
- Seamus Cowan and The Cove Inn:Saving the Live Music Scene
- Bouffage A Beautiful Box of Fabulous Food