Rideau Canal Visitors Centre - Smiths Falls ON
34 Beckwith St. South Smiths Falls ON K7A 2A8
The Rideau Canal Visitor Centre is the flagship interpretation centre for the historic Rideau Canal system - a National Historic Site of Canada, a designated Canadian Heritage River, and a UNESCO World Heritage destination. Inside, exhibits bring to life the history of the canal – its construction from 1826-1831, its role throughout history, as well as the distinct lifestyle associated with the Rideau Waterway.
Housed in a 19th century stone mill, the Visitor Information Centre features four-floors of exhibits and a 15 minute video presentation.
Near the Visitor Information Centre is an impressive modern hydraulic system at the Smiths Falls Combined Locks as well as the original 3-lift manual system built by Lt. Colonel By in 1829.
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 28, 2020 Support Almonte Merchants, Get Out and Run, and Stay Healthy with Modern Thymes
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 27, 2020 Art Kits for continued creativity, and original art in exchange for ordering books!
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 26, 2020 Good food for dinner, the history of Fortune Farms, and Mississippi Mudds-wear.
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 25, 2020 Bubbles & Bites, YouTube Yoga, and band banter with Blackie & the Rodeo Kings.
- TheHumm’s Daily Dose for March 23, 2020 Online yoga, delivering groceries to seniors, and a virtual April Humm!
- In Memoriam
- The Magical Imagination of Mária Moldován
- Maple Marches into the Valley!
- The Ten Collective Third Annual Exhibit of Paintings
- Youth Homelessness in Lanark County