Lanark County Therapeutic Riding Program - Carleton Place ON
30 Bennett Street Carleton Place ON K7C 4J9
This program offers specialized riding lessons to anyone ages 3 and up with physical and/or developmental disabilities, including anxiety, ADHD, arthritis, brain injury, learning disabilities and speech impairment.
Volunteers are always needed for weekly lessons to lead the horses or walk beside the riders to give them support and encouragement. No experience is required, and training sessions are held in the spring with lessons beginning in May in Perth, and Almonte. New eLearning course also offered for new volunteers.
Great exercise and great people!
- Humming On in Uncertain Times
- Supporting Canadian Authors, Bookstores and Publishers in Precarious Times
- Reflections on Public Library Closures During COVID-19
- In-Between Days
- Just a Bunch of Country Kids!
- Call Your Neighbour: Building Communities in Difficult Times
- The Power of Tech Shabbats
- Stand and Listen
- Local Residents Roll Up their Sleeves on Climate Action
- The Music Will Keep Playing