Puppets Up! International Puppet Festival - Almonte ON
Kris Riendeau, Volunteer Coordinator
Almonte ON K0A 1A0
This two-day festival is unique on the international scene and takes over Almonte's Mill Street and the surrounding area every August. Ten shows on five stages, street vendors, family friendly activities and a parade on both days add up to make one exceptional weekend. Operated by volunteers, the festival has lots of fun jobs to choose from: ticket sellers, theatre hosts, parade marshals, stagehands, kids’ craft tent helpers, and more. Volunteers get festival T-shirts and festival passes.
The 2015 festival will take place August 7th - 9th. This year 12 troupes include Iceland's Worlds of Puppets with "Peter and the Wolf", Rhode Island's Big Nazo Lab's "Intergalactic Creature Band", and "Pigs in a Canoe" (in English and French) by WP Puppet Theatre from Calgary Alberta, plus nine others. Shows geared towards young and older kids take place in tents and theatres, while buskers and parades keep the street hopping. There’s also a kids’ craft tent, puppet marketplace, great food and lots more!
Jun 28 - Oct 11 Head Over Heels on the patio
Jun 29 - Aug 31 Weavers Unlimited Exhibit & Sale
Jul 1 - Oct 8 Rack 'N Tunes w/Shawn McCullough on the patio
Michael Pittman's "Hard, hard times"
Aug 3 - 10 Eric Uren
Aug 7 David James Allen
Aug 8 Sin & Swoon
Aug 11 Nolan Hubbard
Aug 13 - 20 Spencer Evans solo
Aug 14 Lonesome Ace Stringband
- Colleen Gray — Indigenous Artist, Strong Woman, Good Human
- Scotland in the Yard Richard Gill’s 2020 Show,with Guest Artist Jack Stekelenburg
- MMLT Festival of the Wild Child Special Scavenger Hunt Edition for 2020!
- A COVID-19 Parents’ Guide to Wellness OR How to Keep your Sanity until “Back to School”… Whenever that Is
- Empty Bowls are Back!
- Lanark County Letters An Interview with Sarah Reside
- Ally Is a Verb
- AGH Run/Walk for Women’s Health — Virtual Version
- Seamus Cowan and The Cove Inn:Saving the Live Music Scene
- Bouffage A Beautiful Box of Fabulous Food