Mississippi Valley Textile Museum - Almonte ON
Venues - Visual Arts Venues
3 Rosamond St. E Almonte ON K0A 1A0
Located in the annex of the former Rosamond Woolen Company in Almonte, exhibitions range from early mill history and period mill equipment to cottage industry and eclectic modern fibre art exhibitions. The multi-purpose room (available for rental) features a large sink and can accommodate up to ten folding tables (provided), making it an ideal space for art and craft workshops and classes. It is equipped with a high-definition projector and drop-down screen for presentations, video and wifi access, as well as a podium, and it can seat up to 50 people. The MVTM is seeking volunteers to assist in historical research, to greet visitors and give tours, run educational programs, work on displays and exhibits, work with artifacts, help out at special events, and more!
- On This Month’s Cover
- The Return of the Victory Garden: an Interview with Ed Lawrence
- The Great Veggie Grow-Off is a GO!
- Calling All Novice Vegetable Gardeners
- Give Moms a (Coffee) Break!
- Playful May
- Reflecting on Earth Day 2020
- Hygge Your Home! Turning Your Space into a Calming, Comfortable Sanctuary
- The Best Gift