Fibrefest - Almonte ON
MVTM, Almonte Arena, Almonte Curling Club Almonte ON K0A 1A0
At three locations (the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum, the Almonte Arena, and the Almonte Community Centre) visitors will find demonstrations, vendors, and exhibits at this long established two-day festival of fibre arts. Local guilds will demonstrate sorting and classing of fibre, spinning, knitting, weaving, rug hooking, lacemaking, smocking and quilting. Vendors include, vintage clothing, spinners, weavers, and fibre artists from across the province, as well as quilt shops and alpaca farms.
2015 dates: September 12 and 13.
- Humming On in Uncertain Times
- Supporting Canadian Authors, Bookstores and Publishers in Precarious Times
- Reflections on Public Library Closures During COVID-19
- In-Between Days
- Just a Bunch of Country Kids!
- Call Your Neighbour: Building Communities in Difficult Times
- The Power of Tech Shabbats
- Stand and Listen
- Local Residents Roll Up their Sleeves on Climate Action
- The Music Will Keep Playing